Looking for parts?
Enter model number, part number, part type, brand, or part description and press Enter:
Easy ways to save energy on your home appliances:
- Keep refrigerator temperature at 35 to 40 F.
- Keep freezer section temperature at 0 to 5 F.
- Keep stand alone freezer temperature at 0 F.
- When buying a new refrigerator/freezer unit, select one with automatic moisture control.
- Make sure refrigerator door gasket is keeping your unit tightly insulated so no air can seep through. Replace gasket or seal if necessary.
- Keep refrigerator door closed as much as possible – especially in hot weather.
- Clean the coils behind or under refrigerator unit with a long appliance brush.
- Regularly clean any ice build-up in your freezer.
- When cooking smaller meals, use toaster oven or microwave instead of range oven.
- The flame on your gas stove burner should always be blue, never yellow.
- If buying a new gas stove, consider purchasing a model that includes an automatic, electric ignition system.
- Skip pre-rinsing dishes if you have a newer dishwasher.
- Run your dishwasher only with a full load.
- Always air dry dishes in dishwasher.
- Clean lint filter on dryer before every load. Replace lint filter if damaged.
- Clean dryer vent to ensure air flows freely.
- Always buy small appliances (curling irons, coffee pots, irons, etc.) with time limited shut-off switches.
- Plug as many small electronics into a power strip as you can – so you can turn them all off with one click.
- Replace old, power hungry appliances, television sets, etc. with newer energy efficient models.
- When shopping for new appliances, compare the annual energy consumption and operating cost for each unit by looking at the bright-yellow and black Energy Guide label.
More information on saving energy and living green.